Back in the saddle again

Well, here we go...the ferry ride back into the "real" world.

We settled in for our first night on friday, unloading a few items primarily related to sleeping. Dawn was present for our arrival and was a constant source of help throughout most of the last weekend.

I managed to only destroy one walkway light in the process of performing a 26 point turn - one for each foot of truck.

On saturday Fr. Christopher came in the morning and offered one of the most extensive house blessings I have ever seen - it was lovely and Dawn has pictures. Matushka stayed and hauled boxes to such a degree that I felt like a wuss. The Fallins and the Millers also came and by the end of the day everything was at least either in the house or in one of the out buildings. On that note, I must publically thank all of the LOGgers who assisted on either side of the water - truly you should all have the "EXTRA" in your title.

It was hectic...but a joyfull sort of hecticness...or maybe a hectic joy? After four days of chaos, the kids and cats are now settling down. The dog was in heaven and seems to be doing well with hanging out with his pack and so he has his run of the property - and I imagine a little ways beyond too. The neighbors' kids came along with their dogs and it seemed everyone got along capitally.

Boxes will be our companions for a couple of weeks more, at least. But, we are here and we are already enjoying the peace, the quiet, and the space. As I walked out to my truck this morning to start the watery commute, I looked up and saw the sky filled with stars like I have only seen while camping. In a way, we feel like we are camping - albeit with most of the comforts of home.

Comments

Jared said…
I am glad things went well for you guys! There is so much excitment when discovering your new home while moving in. Looks like the kids had a blast! See you soon,

Jared.
Liz in Seattle said…
A great time was had by all. Don't worry...you can't get rid of us easily ;-)

Much love from all,
Liz
Meg said…
Thanks for the link to the photos -- what a lovely home you have! Wishing you much happiness and many blessings there!
Anonymous said…
I'm so happy you all are "home" :) I also have a long commute from the country (although not quite as country as you) to the city. The 1 1/2 hours each way every day does get mighty wearing, and sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. My days are VERY long.

But this weekend, as I picked acorn squash and apples that I grew for dinner, and looked out our huge windows to the trees outside, threw toys over two acres for my dog, and came home to my cats sleeping on the big front porch...it's a lot easier to think that it's worth it. I took a LONG walk around our "neighborhood" last night. The shadows were long, the light was golden, it was so quiet, and I visited some of the many, many horses that were out standing by the fences. Yep, totally worth it. I'm sure I will miss this peace one day, and probably spend the next few years trying to find the next peaceful place.
Anonymous said…
PS - I just went and looked at the pictures! What a gorgeous new home you have!
Mimi said…
Oh my goodness, the photos are fabulous (I so wish Dawn had been at my new house blessing!) and your home is gorgeous, I love the cedar shakes and setting!

Welcome home and Many Years!
grammafaithie said…
Thanks to Dawn for the wonderful pictures. I can hardly wait to come see your new place. It all looks so nice - I bet those little boys will love the 'secret room'!

Popular Posts