Landfills everywhere

A common problem in rural areas: why bother going to the dump when you can just toss your old sofas, recliners, or TVs down along side the road. Apparently the biggest factor that keeps people from polluting is being seen by others doing it, and in the city you are ALWAYS being seen and so it's a bit tougher leaving crap out...although, in many places it might never be noticed and could even possibly be appreciated.

A quiet country road, however, affords one the peace and quiet and solitude to dump their crap off onto the rest of the world. I'm not sure how long it will take a recliner to decay into nothing, but I'm guessing the TVs will be around long after I've decayed...unless I'm found incorrupt. Uh huh....sure.

It's a shame really that some people can be so rude. I'm inclined (though likely mistaken) to think that it is city folk from downtown Poulsbo, because most rural folk prefer to keep their junk close at hand. That sofa and recliner would work just fine on the porch and the TV could be used for target practice. A toilet makes a fine planter and no redneck yard is complete without a partially disassembled vehicle or two and a growing Ford Chia-pinto. Laugh all you like, but at least it's all in THEIR yard.

What I will say for sure is that if it is a fellow rural person, I am sure it is someone from another rural area. City folk, having more money I suppose, PAY to have their crap shipped somewhere else (outa sight, outa mind)...here we have poor or lazy folk doing the same thing themselves. Everyone else's land is, apparently, my personal landfill.

If I see it happen, I'm taking names and numbers.

Comments

Mimi said…
Have I told you how much your adventures remind me of my late FIL? He believed that fill was meant to be your old cars - ay yi yi.

Popular Posts