Gonna preach to the choir

A well manicured - in every scientific way physically possible - woman (who shall remain nameless on this blog), who is said to be "the most downloaded woman on the internet," also happens to be a mother of three and with recent news of her agreement to pose nude she is quoted in response to an older mom doing so: "Thank goodness for Desperate Housewives. You're not dead just because you are married and have children."

This attitude is amazing to me. Are things really THIS crazy in the world? Being a sex idol and a playboy bunny is the sort of criteria we need to have in order to ascertain that we are "not dead." Being married and having children, in the mind of the general populous IS a sign of being dead? I hate it when famous people spout off nonsense like this and aren't challenged. I am forced to wonder, whatever will this woman do in 20 years and no one cares to "download" her anymore? And even now, I think she fails the test of "an excellent wife" whom we are told "Strength and wisdom" knows.

A priest once told me that he likes to get up VERY VERY early in the morning and take a walk in order to experience the world before it starts to go crazy when the people begin waking up. Truly, I can see his point.

I've never seen "Desperate Housewives" and never really had a desire too - don't expect that opinion will change now...however, I will be watching Texas Ranch House. YeeHAW!

"Thank God for Pascha. You're not dead just because you watch Desperate Housewives."

Comments

Popular Posts