Passing over the waters

I took a boat to church yesterday.

Comments

Seraphima said…
:-) So, the writing on the right side of your church web-page really confused me...It wasn't loading properly in my browser (Opera), and so all I could see was the first option. It took me a good bit of staring to realize that in fact it was English, not Russian, and read "Home" and not "Eeom-e."
Mimi said…
I hope you enjoyed!
Anonymous said…
Funny, so did we. But we went further west than you. Nyah nyah.

Liz
fdj said…
Well the ROCOR churches are Old Calender, but the OCA churches are mostly (perhaps completely) new.

I believe the Carpatho-Russian Churches have both old and new.
Anonymous said…
i was told that when they made the change, OCA parishes were given the choice wether to follow old or new, but they couldn't change once they decided.
St Elizabeth's is "new" calendar
Anonymous said…
The OCA Archdiocese of Alaska is on the old calendar. I don't know if the Serbian Church falls under the "Russian Tradition", but they are all old calendar too.
Mimi said…
I've been told the same thing as Dawn - there are both calendars used in the OCA, but each church has to decide on one and that is the one they use.

Same as Western or Eastern Rite - you don't go back and forth as a parish.

On another note, James, did you see this blog posting? http://nycslav.blogspot.com/2006/05/carpatho-rusyn-day-parade.html
I thought of you when I read it.

Popular Posts