Scientific Arrogance

"subjects that scientists believe are out of the question"

I can smell the stittude of this Professor Efthimiou. The very notion of someone believing in ghosts or even God irks him to no end. It is his life mission to illumine such idiocy to the rational way of science - which knows and tells all. Ahhh yes, Professor Efthimiou is omnipotent.

Believe I know this attitude because I held it as well. Completely oblivious to the arrogance inherent in my belief that all of reality could be compressed to fit into my mind and my senses. That nothing transcending me or material existance could possibly ever exist.

Professor ob Park also suffers from such arrogance:
"I have nothing against movies," he said. "I have nothing against people who like them, as long as they don't mix reality with fiction. I give them candy and I feign fright...They enjoy it, what the hell. The problem is the ones that never get over it."

Questions: What DO you have against people who mix what you perceive to be reality and fiction, and why? And why specifically is it a problem for people who "never get over it?"

Gentlemen, please tend to your centrifuges...thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts