Godspeed!



I was hoping my late departure yesterday morning would allow me a glimpse of the USS John Stennis as she left Bremerton, but alas I don't think she got underway until after 10am. While Bremeton is clearly a Navy town, all of Kitsap is one too. Thanks to Bangor Submarine Base and the Shipyard in Bremerton you'll see a lot DoD and pro-Navy stickers as well as Navy personnel going about their civilian affairs: like brewing beer at Heads Up.

Anyway, the Stennis is now on her way down to pick up some friends in San Diego and then they'll be off to somewhere in the Middle East. May the atoms be always at your back...ahem...well you know what I mean.


Good Hunting and Huzzah!

Umm, hey Photios....you ralatively (grin) modern American Navy guys have a cheer I'm not aware of?

Comments

Mimi said…
Godspeed indeed. They travel with my humble prayers.
Pintradex said…
carrier with montains in backgrouns... an awesome pic!
Photios said…
Excellent pics.
I enjoy living in Kitsap County, where people understand the Armed Forces, even though our Congressman (Norm Dicks) is a hopeless leftie. Oh well, at least he delivers.

A cheer? Not really, but we do get loud in bars.

I watched USS John Stennis leave her berth while standing in Hanger Bay 3 of USS Abraham Lincoln moored nearby. Fairly cool except that watching ships move is a little like watching ice melt.

+Photi
Anonymous said…
A majority of my coworkers are Navy wives. It's interesting.
Anonymous said…
Isn't the nickname of the Stennis "Johnny Reb?" Gotta be some grist for the cheer mill there.

keep the flat side up and may the Lord and Saints preserve you.


sf

Popular Posts