11 years ago today...

...a priest of the Episcopal Church, who - unbeknownst to me - was well on his way toward becoming Orthodox, married my wife and I. And you know, I can still remember to this day the first time I saw my wife.

I was leading worship at a youth function for Chino 1st Assembly of God on a wednesday evening - as was our custom. Imagine me strumming and singing: "As the deer panteth for the water...." when suddenly this beautiful blonde girl walked into the service (late) and I must confess that God instantaneously began receiving a great deal less of my attention that evening. As I stumbled through the rest of the "worship time" I just kept thinking to myself: "Boy I hope that is Wes' cousin who he said would be coming to visit from Minnesota."

For you see, Wes was probably my closest friend and I knew that whether this girl liked it or not, if she was indeed his cousin she'd be spending time with me. Sometimes I am amazed that she still is.

Comments

Munkee said…
Well done James...

a hundred year toast to you and your lovely companion!

We will remember you at St. Barnabas this Sunday.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations to you and your lovely bride! May God grant you many years!!!

Love,
Liz & Steve et al
Anonymous said…
May God grant you many years (and much fecundity...)
Anonymous said…
Thanks, Rada, for the well wishes of fecundity. I think God's blessings have been abundant already!

SusanSophia
Anonymous said…
Really, congrats to the two of you on a job well begun. Here's to many more years to complete the journey before you.

Chance
Fr. David said…
Many years.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations and Many Years!

In Christ,
Michelle
Anonymous said…
Congratulations and Many Years!
Anonymous said…
A belated Many Years!
jp said…
Didn't see this right away...so a belated many years to the two of you! Congratulations. Staying married is difficult...staying close is even more difficult.

Popular Posts