I'm on the left

The new pic over there is of me and Father Peter...an amazing man as I have mentioned before. On the way out to Bombo sunday Nabukeera wondered (with all his credentials) why he didn't stay in the west and teach there as he well could have. He said, in essence, "Why should I stay and teach there when they are already taught so much already. When I could come here and teach so much more to so many more who need it more?"

In case you did not read, he does more than serve as a priest (as if that weren't enough?!), he teaches at the University here, is a psychologist, and works along with a number of charitable efforts...not to mention the abandoned children he himself and his presbytera have personally adopted.

Comments

Mimi said…
I'm on the left

That may be the first time I've ever seen you type that.

Good photo! I look forward to hearing more.
Anonymous said…
James,
I gave FDM a ride from the ferry to Liturgy on Monday and told him about your blogging about Uganda, and he expressed hopes that you don't come back a liberal.
fdj said…
LOL...fret not....I've seen first hand how liberals...God love them for their efforts...can screw things up worse here.
:)

It imperative to remember that being conservative doesn't mean you are a heartless money grubber or that you cannot lament - PROFOUNDLY - over poverty...it means you devise better and more sustainable ways to help the poor. IMHO

See the soon to come post where the liberal EU screwed the pooch and the conservatively led U.S. (BUSH, for all horrific love) made the right choice.

neener neener neener.

In the grand scheme...in the Ugandan scheme, neither political party OR American Political reference point has a clue.

Someone besides Obama or Thompson or Clinton is going to have to help save the poor in the world. And I say AMEN to that...not relying on the government? A very conservative and common sense notion.

Where is the Church? I ask again...WHERE IS THE STINKING CHURCH? Stop voting to have the republicrats and democans do your Chrisitan duty.
fdj said…
I should say: clearly y'all have hit a nerve with regard to what I am experiencing and what the political realities of home are.

Curiously enough I have been completely blacked out from American Politics. I do not have a clue if Thompson has declared...or if Clinton and Obama have gotten in a fist fight over who loves Jesus more.

What I am saying is this: Your average Ugandan just wants to live and no matter what happens in 2008 he or she will continue to struggle to do so.

I firmly believe that real change must come from within (Uganda) and from private organizations bent on building SUSTAINABLE and RENEWABLE sources. I believe it is not the US government's job and even if it was I do not think it would be the best candidate - by a long shot.

Popular Posts