One Last Sunday

I spent my last sunday with the faithful of St. Sophia...along with Stacy, whose pictures these are.

Here the kids enjoy what I expect is a rare treat during "coffee hour." There is no spread of food, just some soda and maybe a box of cookies. PLUS, at least when guests are present, dancing and singing.





When Kelsey had heard some of my stories about the people of St. Sophia, she decided that she wanted to do something for them. And so she and Alexandra (our priest's daughter back home) took it upon themselves to collect as many icons as they could possibly get to fit into Stacy's luggage and sent it over with her. A fair number of these turned out to be of St. Elizabeth the New Martyr - including one which contained a swatch of the saints garments - and so here I am taking a moment to tell St. Elizabeth's story before presenting them all to them. Fr. Peter and the others treated this particular icon with the greatest of reverence.



And here is Father and Presbytera reading a little card Kelsey sent...they made sure to tell me to tell her and Allie THANK YOU! AND, thank you to all of my family for letting me come to Uganda.



A final picture of me and all the youth who so welcomed me...thank you Stacy for taking it!


Comments

Mimi said…
How amazing! What a gift that Kelsey and Alexandra sent!

And, eeeeek, to meet Stacy! What a blessing.

Popular Posts