Speaking of juxtaposition

Liz reminded me. These people are waiting in line for hours to purchase a fancy phone/computer/mp3 player/whatever...



While these people are waiting in line for hours to venerate the icon and relics of St. George.


I once camped all night outside a music store in southern California to get my hands on some U2 tickets, something I'd likely never do again for ANY concert or any sort of fancified electronic equipment. Geez, what a scam...have you see the media fury over this? Apple is laughing all the way to the bank...I mean if you want to sell me something, fine, but I'll be defecated upon before I'll stand in line for hours for the "privilege" of buying a product...heck in some strange world (the past maybe?) it was the company's privilege for me to be their customer.

Not sure how long I'd wait in line to venerate a Saint's relics...but the stark contrast between the profound "need" to purchase an iPhone and to venerate a relic speaks volumes about our world.

Comments

layne (herman) said…
I agree with your observation, "...the stark contrast between the profound 'need' to purchase an iPhone and to venerate a relic speaks volumes about our world."

Lord have mercy on us all.

On a positive note-- think about how many people in this country, and around the world are asking the prayers of our beloved St. John of San Francisco as his Feast is being commemorated.

Popular Posts