Uganda Update

Tomorrow I head over to the University Travel Clinic for my first round of vaccinations and medical prescriptions. Included in the fray will likely be Hep A, Meningococcal (meningitis), Typhoid Fever, Yellow Fever, a prescript for Malaria meds, and a check of my Hep B antibodies, and perhaps a Polio booster. Sounds like fun, eh? I may have a sore arm this weekend.

This is the travel blog of a colleague named Huong, who I have never actually met. She spent quite a while in Uganda at our rental house and working on site until recently. Numerous pics of people I know and other people/places/things I suppose I will soon get to know. (link is to the beginning of her time there)

Still no solid itinerary...waiting.

Comments

Liz in Seattle said…
Don't know much about the others, but here's what I remember from my China trips in the 80's:

The Hep A made a big lump in the back pocket :-)

With Typhoid, move and massage your arm as much as possible. Heat packs are good too. Plan on flu-like symptoms for a day or so...take Tylenol before you go in.

Are you sure you'll want to swing a hammer this weekend?
Mimi said…
Have you heard from Elias?
Anonymous said…
From a Mom's point of view are you sure you wanna do this? You know the old phrase "Once a Mom, always a Mom". I will worry! Can you still cahnge your mind?
Unknown said…
hey, i didnt know you were going to uganda. which part(s)? i've been in several areas in uganda... wonderfully kind, welcoming, open people.

i'm going to be in malawi july 9-22nd... when will you be in uganda?
fdj said…
Seraphim: July 24-August 14
Stacy said…
the shots are no big deal.

it would be fun to meet you over there. here's to hoping it works out.

Popular Posts